Humboldt Minor Hockey Association offers the Ken Lockinger Memorial Scholarship annually to recognize the achievements of its members and assist with funding of post-secondary education. HMHA recognizes the importance for the youth of our Association to continue with post-secondary education as part of the process in pursuing career aspirations and becoming productive members of the community.
You can find the Ken Lockinger Memorial Scholarship criteria and form here.
This year's applications must be submitted by May 16th, 2022 to HMHA.
The Saskatchewan Hockey Association shall award a minimum of fourteen(14) $1,000.00 Hockey Education Assistance Grants each hockey season to a minimum of fourteen(14) registered members (male or female) of the SHA as follows:
The recipients of the grants will be determined by the SHA and will be announced by September 30th of the hockey season.
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Must have been registered for three (3) years.
2. Must be a registrant in good standing in the SHA.
3. Must be a graduating Grade 12 student during that year except for:
a) Junior A, B, & C players.
b) Senior players 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current year.
c) SODM Officials 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current year.
4. Must be going to attend a Saskatchewan based University, affiliate College or SIAST.
5. Must attend an institution within four (4) years to take advantage of the grant.
6. Junior A scholarship recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post–secondary institution within one (1) year of completion of their Junior A eligibility in order to receive their scholarship.
7. New grant recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post–secondary institute within:
a) Four (4) years if application requirement is a graduating Grade 12 student during that year.
b) One (1) year, if application requirement is as a player 20 years of age or under as December 31st of the current year.
8. Recipients may only be eligible to receive the grant once.
Each applicant will be required to fill out and return an application form (obtained from the SHA office) on or before August 31st of the hockey season.
Each application form indicates two (2) methods whereby a person may apply. They can apply in the zone where the player’s home address is and/or the division of hockey they play in. An example is a player whose home address is in Zone 1 and plays on a U18 AAA team; the player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a U18 AAA player; or the female player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a Female Player.
The grant will be paid upon proof of enrolment. The proof of enrolment will be in the form of receipts from the educational institution the recipient is attending. The payment, which is to be applied to tuition and the purchase of textbooks, will be made directly to the applicant.